Smart Strokes is pleased to offer scholarships for the upcoming Stroke2018 conference.
Who is eligible to apply?
Nursing and Allied Health clinicians in Australasia who demonstrate the following:
– Current employment within a speciality stroke unit and/or in a role working with stroke survivors and their families/ carers in either a specialist or generalist role, in an acute, subacute or community based setting (recent employment greater than 6 months in duration is desirable)
– Describe in detail your commitment to improving stroke management outcomes and stroke services delivery. Include detail related to recent professional development, quality improvement activities and implementation of evidence based practice. .
– Outline in detail your objectives for attending the conference. Specify how these apply to your field of practice and how you will share these with your team.
– Hold a current Authority to Practice (Registration) – if relevant to the profession.
Full-time post doctorate (PhD) candidates whose research relates to stroke may also be considered.
Funding for 2018
There are 2 categories of scholarship available:
- Full Delegate registration – $665
- Full Delegate registration plus assistance with airfares/accommodation up to a total value of $2,000
No funding will be considered for salary replacement purposes.
This is a competitive process so, please take some time with your application
All applications must include:
- A 3 page (maximum) curriculum vitae (CV).
- A written response to the selection criteria
- A copy of annual Authority to Practice (Registration) notice / receipt if relevant to the profession.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Scholarship Review Committee will prioritise scholarship recipients based on but not limited to: selection criteria merit, completion of all requirements of the application process.
PhD candidates must include a letter from their University confirming full-time study.
Applications are due: 15th June 2018
Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants will receive the early bird conference rate. You will be contacted after application to receive further information on registration instructions.
To apply, click below.
For further information, please contact [email protected]