Abstracts are now open for the Stroke 2018 “Bridging the Continuum” being held from 7-10 August 2018 at the International Convention Centre, Sydney. This is a joint meeting of the Stroke Society of Australasia and the Smart Strokes Nursing and Allied Health.
Abstracts can be submitted under the following themes:
- Acute stroke including interventional research
- Basic science
- Community care and support
- Epidemiology and prevention including cohort studies
- Health services delivery and healthcare systems research including health economic evaluations and clinical quality registry research
- Rehabilitation and allied health innovations
- Imaging and other novel diagnostic innovations
- Research by new investigators (< than 5 years from completion of PhD or higher degree)
Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site by 2359 AEST Friday 16 February 2018.
Abstract submission guidelines
Abstract submission guidelines have been prepared for you, to assist with your submission process.
Please click here to download the abstract submission guidelines. It is imperative that you read and understand these abstract submission guidelines prior to submitting your work for Stroke 2018.
During Stroke 2018, there are several awards that abstract submitters can nominate for. The awards available in 2018 are outlined below and during the abstract submission process you will be asked to nominate which of these awards you would like to be considered for.
- Best New Investigator Abstract Award
- SSA Peter Bladin New Investigator Award – for further information please click here.
- Best Implementation of Evidence Based Care Abstract Award
- The Mark Longworth Most Controversial Abstract Award
- Best Nursing or Allied Health Scientific Abstract Award – for further information please click here.
- Best Nursing or Allied Health Service Abstract Award – for further information please click here.
- Best Oral Poster Award
- Best Poster Award – for further information please click here.
- ASNEN 2017 Acute Stroke Nurse Education Network Outstanding Nursing Abstract Award – for further information please click here.
- Bursary Awards – for further information please click here.